Senior / Full-stack Web Developer
BSD is searching for a personable and passionate full stack web developer to join our team.
Salary 60k – 100k THB per month.
This is a full-time development role within the Bangkok-based development team. You will be working on our education platform, BSD Online, which is used by tens of thousands of teachers and students worldwide.
Your typical workflow would be to take ownership of a major feature: break down requirements, design the full stack solution, coordinate with the UI designer, implement the major feature with appropriate refactoring and tests, split off suitable sub-tasks that can be given to freelancers or junior engineers, review and integrate subtasks, coordinate with QA, oversee the successful deployment of the entire feature to production.
Experience / Requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Several years industry experience as a full stack web developer.
- Experience of back-end development with Node.js, Express.
- Nice to have: GraphQL, SQL, webpack, serverless, AWS or other cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process – design, development and deployment.
- Able to design scalable, efficient and maintainable solutions within a complex existing product.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Strong grasp of development best practices and keen to improve processes.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player.
Why is it great to be a developer at BSD Education?
There is real opportunity for career growth in this position:
- learning from a team of great engineers who will support and encourage you
- the opportunity to work on a large long-term project and building software the ‘right way’ – not like an agency building websites for clients with short deadlines
You will also have:
- access to the latest technologies and opportunities to experiment
- the chance to work with inspiring students, awesome colleagues and forward thinking educators
- opportunities to contribute to lessons and technologies used by thousands of students
Our tech stack is ReactJS, Redux, SCSS, GraphQL, webpack, Node.js, Redis, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services, git.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Monday to Friday, 5 days work week
- 15 days holiday + Thai national holidays
- Opportunity to work from home part time
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
The office will move to TTA Space at MBK, National Stadium this month. We have:
- Free use of the gym at The Olympic Club, Pathumwan Princess Hotel adjoining MBK
- Coffee machine – free Nespresso coffee
- Great office environment with pool table, PS4 and relaxation area
- Free snacks and drinks
- Casual dress code
BSD is a great place to work and develop your skills:
- Monthly code-jam day – build anything you want
- Continuous improvement through constructive feedback, reviews, training and mentorship
- Healthy and sustainable work expectations – overtime work is rare
This position is open to Thai nationals and foreigners already in Bangkok.