Front-end Web Developer
Salary 30k – 60k THB per month.
This is a full-time development role within the Bangkok-based development team. You will be working on our education platform, BSD Online, which is used by tens of thousands of teachers and students worldwide. The primary responsibility is to build re-usable stateless React JS components designed by our UI / UX designer. On each task you will work closely with a senior full-stack developer who will integrate your components into the product. There is good potential for career advancement to a full-stack development role. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Experience / Requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Industry experience as a web developer is valuable but new graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process – design, development and deployment.
- Able to design scalable, efficient and maintainable solutions within a complex existing product.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player.
Nice To Have / Optional
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English. However most staff are Thai so don’t worry if your English isn’t great.
- Experience of ReactJS, Redux, TypeScript, SCSS.
- Experience of back-end development with Node.js, Express.
- Hands-on experience of automated testing: unit tests, integration tests.
- Strong grasp of development best practices and keen to improve processes.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN, etc.
Why is it great to be a developer at BSD Education?
There is real opportunity for career growth in this position:
- learning from a team of great engineers who will support and guide you
- the potential to move from front-end position to full-stack
- the opportunity to work on a large long-term project and building software the ‘right way’ – not like an agency building websites for clients with short deadlines
You will also have:
- access to the latest technologies and opportunities to experiment
- the chance to work with inspiring students, awesome colleagues and forward thinking educators
- opportunities to contribute to lessons and technologies used by thousands of students
Our tech stack is ReactJS, Redux, GraphQL, webpack, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services, git. If you’ve got experience of these technologies then you’ve got an advantage, but if you’re an awesome web developer and like the sound of this tech stack then please apply.
- Competitive salary
- Monday to Friday, 5 days work week
- 15 days holiday + Thai national holidays
- Opportunity to work from home part time
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
The office will move to TTA Space at MBK, National Stadium this month. We have:
- Free use of the gym at The Olympic Club, Pathumwan Princess Hotel adjoining MBK
- Coffee machine – free Nespresso coffee
- Great office environment with pool table, PS4 and relaxation area
- Free snacks and drinks
- Casual dress code
BSD is a great place to work and develop your skills:
- Monthly code-jam day – build anything you want
- Continuous improvement through constructive feedback, reviews, training and mentorship
- Healthy and sustainable work expectations – overtime work is rare