Full-stack Web Developer
This is a full-time development role within the Bangkok-based development team. You will be working on our education platform, BSD Online, which is used by tens of thousands of teachers and students worldwide. The role is full-stack with an emphasis on front-end. A significant proportion of the work for new features will be React.js components, integration into the application using Redux and RxJS. This would be an ideal role for a strong front-end developer who wants to get experience with back-end development and cloud infrastructure.
Our tech stack is ReactJS, Redux, RxJS, webpack, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services. We use AWS extensively and our infrastructure is in multiple regions around the world. The main services we use are Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, API Gateway, Kinesis, Elastic Map Reduce. You’ll work with many of these.
You’ll be working within a small development team on BSD’s only software product, which has been the core of the business for 4 years. Your work will have high impact and visibility. The whole company is focussed on this product: marketing, sales and content creation. We even use our own product to teach students directly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to write high quality, understandable and maintainable code.
- React.js experience, including function components and hooks.
- Industry experience as a web developer is valuable but new graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process – design, development and deployment.
- Able to design scalable, efficient and maintainable solutions within a complex existing product.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player.
Nice to have:
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Experience of Redux, TypeScript, RxJS, SCSS.
- Experience of back-end development with Node.js.
- Familiar with writing unit tests. We use Jest.
Why is it great to be a developer at BSD Education?
There is real opportunity for career growth in this position:
- learning from a team of great engineers who will support and guide you
- get experience with a wide variety of AWS technologies
- the opportunity to work on a large long-term project and building software the ‘right way’ – not like an agency building websites for clients with short deadlines
You will also have:
- access to the latest technologies and opportunities to experiment
- the chance to work with inspiring students, awesome colleagues and forward thinking educators
- opportunities to contribute to lessons and technologies used by thousands of students
- Salary range: up to 70,000 THB negotiable, depending on experience
- Monday to Friday, 5 days work week
- 15 days holiday + Thai national holidays
- Work from home 2 days per week
- Flexible working hours
- Mac laptop + monitor
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
- Free snacks and coffee
- Monthly fun nights: escape room, badminton, games, etc
- Nice office at TTA Space (in MBK shopping center) with countless lunch options
- Casual dress code
- Monthly code-jam day – build anything you want
- Continuous improvement through constructive feedback, reviews, training and mentorship
- Healthy and sustainable work expectations – overtime work not required
- Convenient office location within MBK, at BTS National Stadium
This position is open to Thai nationals and foreigners already in Bangkok. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Please include a CV in English. A cover letter/email is optional but recommended.