Winter STEAM Camps
Mobile App Development with Thunkable
This camp is specially designed to build students’ programming knowledge and provide them with a good understanding of the principles of app development. They will learn best practices of creating an app, its challenges and how to overcome them.
Using Thunkable, a platform for building Android and IOS mobile apps, students will code and tap into their creativity and problem-solving skills. They will learn how to build great user experience and will be tasked to custom design and create their own handheld application. At the end of the camp, they will have fully functional apps and games for their phones and tablets which they can also share with their family and friends.
- Learn the basics and processes of App Development
- Create user journeys to best design practices in User Experience and User Interface
- Present and share apps with Instructors and classmates
Students will build:
- A Memory Game App
- A Space Shooter Game App
Tech Skills Developed:
- Thunkable App Development
- Mobile-First Designing
- User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI)
21st Century Skills Developed:
- Computational Thinking Skills
- Design Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving
- Presentation and Speaking
Ages: For Year 7-10 students
Dates and Times: December 17-20th, Tuesdays to Fridays at 9AM-1PM
Duration: 4 days, total of 16 hours
Location: The camp is offered at King George V School, West Island School and Sha Tin College.
– Must be an ESF student
– Students must bring their own mobile or tablet devices (iOS / Android).