Digital skills program for career readiness
The TechFuture program prepares students in their last few years of school with real-world digital skills they can use in the workplace, including programming, user experience design, data interpretation and digital marketing. The program has 60 hours of learning made up from 5 x 12 hours units, with the option to add a 6-hour foundational course for introductory skills where required.
• Explore applications of technologies from design to programming.
• Learn how companies use technology to innovate, create and launch a product.
• Create a brand new product for a company.
• Explore the marketing mindset, understand human behavior, and learn how advertising helps businesses capture more customers.
• Learn how to create high-quality content and adverts targeted for each platform.
• Create an organic and paid digital marketing campaign.
• Explore user experience and industry-standard design principles and best practices.
• Learn design concepts from colors and fonts to using industry-standard design tools.
• Create fully-designed collateral for a business.
• Explore the power of data by learning collection, organization, and visualization.
• Learn various digital techniques to clean, process and analyze data.
• Create dynamic data reports to optimize different businesses.
• Explore real-world programming projects that impact businesses.
• Create systems and applications from different industries.
• Bring Digital Skills learning in the context of application in real career-focused scenarios, with a strong emphasis on teamwork and communication.
• Receive ready-to-use materials such as lesson plans, slides, activities, worksheets and rubric. Courses finish with summative projects and a portfolio of work.
• Are given up to 6 hours of Professional Development training and ongoing support throughout the program.
• Create solutions using technical skills and concepts to establish a portfolio demonstrating how they’re able to apply concepts they’ve learned in real world contexts.
• Acquire solid problem solving ability with programming, design, data and digital marketing enriched through deep connections with digital citizenship and literacy.
• Experience real workplace scenarios to be better able to consider decisions about university and / or career choice.
• Courses finish with presentations, shareable online projects and a portfolio of work.